No effort is too small, and there are many volunteer opportunities available — at-home projects, opportunities for working parents, activities that require a lot of hours, and others that require a minimal amount of time. You can make a difference!
- Birthday bakers — Choose a teacher or staff member’s birthday and bring a cake or sweet treat. Check your teacher’s favorites and then sign up for a birthday.
- Hospitality — Assist the Hospitality Chair with coordinating and conducting monthly staff luncheons, as well as Teacher Appreciation Week in May. Look for specific sign-ups when they become available.
- WatchD.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) — Fathers, grandfathers, uncles and other father-figures volunteer at least one full day during the school year. You may read and work on learning with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow, and any other assigned activities. Go to the WatchD.O.G.S. page for more.
- Concessions — Help sell food and drinks at Stafford volleyball and football games (locations vary). Sign up for a time here.
- Career Day — Held on November 16 in the Stafford gym, this event is for 8th graders to talk to local professionals about their careers. Each volunteer will provided with a table to display a visual presentation and other items about their job or business (such as a tablecloth, signs, uniforms, models, pencils, squeeze balls, interactive activities, etc.). Students will circulate around the gym and visit tables to get information about specific jobs. To participate, contact Julie Adcock, Stafford Counselor at [email protected]. You must complete a Frisco ISD background check prior to the event.